ITAC is helping a larger, local client in their search for several Database Application Analysts here in the Birmingham, AL area!!
We are looking for someone who comes with 4-6+ years of experience defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining Database / Software applications while supporting the internal business needs.
This person will work with a broad customer base to identify and address a variety of requirements, including project involvement and identifying any risk with application upgrades. Also, must comply with all company standards and policies.
What you ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Development of a robust infrastructure that will supply the information necessary to satisfy the data analysis and reporting requirements of users throughout the organization.
- Work cross functionally with various client groups to address business needs.
- Oversee the design, construction and integration of existing relational databases and data warehouse infrastructures.
- Production support activities related to database and warehouse architecture. Respond to end user inquiries related to data marts and warehouse problems and issues.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop business requirements for necessary reporting efforts.
- Define and develop logical and physical data models to support departmental reporting needs.
- Participate in and contribute to technical requirements, operational support documentation, and collaborative design discussions to convert business requirements into technical solution.
- Collaborate with clients, programmers, and designers for the development of database / software programs and applications.
- Administer and ensure adherence to project management methodologies, resource management practices and change management procedures.
- Lead in the defining, development, and documentation of the software s business requirements, objectives, deliverable's, and specifications.
- Design, run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing applications for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Manage the creation of and maintenance of documentation, user manuals and guidelines individual data marts.
- Oversee the execution of daily and End of Month processes.
- Provide and oversee after-hours support.
What you ll need to be considered (requirements):
- BS. in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience, typically 4-6 years of solid, diverse work experience in IT design and delivery
- Proficiency in designing, developing and tuning complex ETL workflows.
- Proficiency in designing, developing and tuning complex SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts.
- Vast knowledge of working in relational databases like Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to teach and mentor less experienced professionals on basic coding methods/building blocks and best practices.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Experience with data modeling concepts, including Star and Snowflake schema and ROLAP.
- Experience with data file conversions, UNIX or Linux scripting, Tools like Microsoft VISIO, Data Modeling tool.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Process oriented with the ability to efficiently identify root cause to establish repeatable/sustainable processes
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to changing organizations, changing business needs, etc.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry with keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills with the ability work effectively with peers and business partners
- A critical thinker with strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Able to integrate company goals and objectives into department goals and activities
- Detailed oriented, excellent ability to multi-task: addressing critical daily issues as well as keeping focus on strategic tasks
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task