Alphanumeric is hiring a Business Systems Analyst in Richmond VA to work with our financial client to focus on claims operations, driving efficiency and quality through documentation of business and system processes to better assess business integration with technology. This Business Analyst will enable change in the organizational context, by defining needs and recommending solutions that deliver value to stakeholders.
- Act as a liaison between IT and Claims Operations for the development and implementation of new systems or enhancements to existing systems
- Partner with various business stakeholders and subject matter experts to assess and document business needs.
- Elicit and document business requirements utilizing business analysis techniques to align solutions.
- Deliver analysis artifacts that add value to the organization, including but not limited to, process mapping, data mapping, solution analysis, mockups, and detailed requirements.
- Lead requirement walk-throughs, prepare communications and make presentations on system enhancements and/or alternatives
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate system alternatives and/or enhancements to current systems
- Inter-team and cross-team collaboration to align to organizational goals and enterprise solutions
- College Degree (Associates/Bachelors) and/or relevant professional experience
- Experience in creating business requirements documentation
- Experience in creating business requirement artifacts, such as Process Maps, Use Cases, Activity Diagrams or Test Scenarios
- Familiarity and experience with software development life cycle methodologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines while working independently
- Strong intellectual curiosity and analytical ability with a desire to develop an in-depth understanding of complex issues
- Proficient in MS Office tools including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Long Term Care insurance product knowledge and familiarity with Customer Service and Claims Operations
- Experience with writing user stories and/or working as part of an Agile Scrum team
- Certified or pursuing Business Analysis Professional certification
Associated topics: business, business advisory, business analysis, business systems, client, consultant, customer, market, sap, senior consultant